[PLUG] Airtel router issue

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:10:14 IST 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Dhaval Ved <veddhaval at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Airtel provides static IP. (if you manage to login to router, you will
> see it). As mentioned, it blocks some port at ISP side. Also, I am not able
> to ping my router from outside even after enabling the setting "Allow Remote
> Login".

Please trim your quotes to the relevant text to which you are
responding.  PLUG has it's own guidelines plus refer to posting style
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style>

"Allow Remote Login" is related to Web Management (http/https) and
Telnet - these are TCP services; whereas ping is ICMP and at a lower
layer in the protocol stack.

I would suggest that you disable "Allow Remote Login" unless this is
what you really want i.e. to be able to manage your router from the
WAN.  Also pick a "strong" password.

-- Arun Khan