[PLUG] Buffalo routers, anyone tried?

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:39:09 IST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:46:53AM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
>> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
>> > Has anyone tried a router from Buffalo? Can provide some feedback?
>>
>> I have installed 3 WHR-HP-G300N at a client site.  BTW this is the
>
> Thanks. May I ask how much it costs in India?

Rs. 3450 per unit.  I went by the specs. on the Buffalo site but in
reality I could not get the "high" power coverage (reason stated in my
previous email).

I would opt for the E2100L though if available in India.

I suggest you read the user feedback on such units @ www.newegg.com,
www.amazon.com, www.tigerdirect.com.   The user comments posted are a
good indication of what you might experience.

>> The E2100L was not available in India when I checked 4 weeks ago.  The
>
> I have been trying calling vendors. One on Lamington road said he had this
> router. I think it was Perfect Electronics.

Thanks - what was their quote?

> Have you tried/heard of WRT160NL - predecessor of E2100L? DD-WRT site

No idea about WRT160NL.  Are they available?  Price?   If available go
for it, especially when DD-WRT supports it.

> mentions it supports USB hub. It appears a good features. (This remark is
> seen written only for this router. Not sure. May be some other routers
> would support hub, too.)

I would not put in HUB unless it comes with it's own power source.

--
Arun Khan