[PLUG] Help for internet on linux.

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:32:18 IST 2011

Greetings,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Salil D. <salildumbre at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Kindly let me know :

Well people here are not sitting here to "let you know".

Anyhow,

> - Linux compatible DVD drive so as to install latest linux.

Any IDE/SATA/SCSI/SAS DVD Reader (unless you want to have a copy of
the Original DVD/CD) would do.

> - What should be used tata-photon/ reliance / airtel / ??? along with linux.

That is a question for specific Vendor.

> - Information about prerequisites- steps/hardware etc...

?

Which distribution you want to use?

> * Any individual who could help with this setup (for "Pune" city ).

If you can pay my travel and lunch/dinner. period.

1. You haven't mentioned if it is a laptop/desktop/Server class machine.
2. You haven't mentioned which distribution you want to use.
3. You haven't mentioned what is the purpose of this machime: is it
meant to be a standalone/networked/HA cluster node/HPC cluster node.

Could you please clarify further?

--
Regards,

Rajagopal