[PLUG] sendmail

M.K.Pai madhavprasad.pai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:10:09 IST 2011

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM, reena pagare <reenawp5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Some of the students from our college are interested in working on sendmail
> as a part of their BE project. Any suggestions on what are the challenges
> related to send mail are welcome.

Could you tell us more about the projects ?

If the students are looking at writing an SMTP transport, perhaps they
could start by reading and implementing RFCs 821 and 822. The
implementation could be in any language they are comfortable with.

On the other hand if they want to use an SMTP transport as part of
something else, then any MTA supplied with the standard distributions
will be adequate.

But its difficult to be more specific unless we know more about what
your students want to do.

Regards,
-- "Saint" Pai