[PLUG] बेडियन फॉर नेटबुक्स...

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:26:43 IST 2012

2012/4/18 मःसागरः <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>:
>> Why do you have to configure X again? Did it take a smaller resolution?
>
> that is true, instead of full 1366x__, it dropped me to 1024x768 and
> in that too text looks sufficiently streched to think reconfiguring X.

hmm. /etc/X11/xorg.conf is where you can change it. I think it may not
be using the correct driver. What graphics card do you have?

> and why should I not have my home as primary, as well as, / and /boot?

I don't think it is necessary. Windows had a limitation that it can be
installed only on a primary partition, I don't know if that limitation
is still there for newer versions.

Now you have a good reason, you cannot use the remaining space in your
hard disk at all - it is not an Ubuntu problem.

> rest all can be logical...
>
> please do feel free to educate me about this issue... because if my
> thinking is correct data from primary partition is better recoverable
> than those whose logical link gets wiped out...

> from recovery point of view always safe to have important stuff on
> primary, of course that if old way of think, starting around or before
> advent of linux and gnu!

I don't know about this aspect. If that was your concern just keep
only /home as primary.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍