[PLUG] [info][form] GNU/Linux/kernel presentations - Interested?

Sunil Beta Baskar betasam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:21:25 IST 2012

On 26 November 2012 18:02, Prashant Shah <pshah.mumbai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Sunil Beta Baskar <betasam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A lot of people evinced interest, so I'd like to know who'd really want to
>> attend. The first would be first-week December 2012.
>>

> LinuxForU carries a lot of articles on kernel development and various
> other FOSS development topics. I recommend those who want to do kernel
> development subscribe to it.
>
> They even openly publish lot of articles on kernel development on their website.

Confirming the venue:     Center for Modeling and Simulation, Pune University
Confirming the time:        1100hrs - 1300hrs
Confirming the first date: 22-Dec-2012

The Registration form remains open for students of CS, Electronics and
CMS from Pune University to Join in. Thanks Shyam for the help.

https://bit.ly/TaubkR
is the link for a google form meant to ease people enrolling.
The form is for logistics, just to make sure I can find the
appropriate venue, time-slot, day-of-week (which you get to choose.)
The form is hosted on google/docs, when you find time just fill in.

I have gotten my presentation/walk-through ready.

The sessions planned insofar are:
1. Building "linux" (multiple kernels) - what better a time than when
kbuild 2.7.0 is also released for usage with other projects! Thanks to
Yann Morin.
2. An Introduction to Kernel Architecture and Device Driver Model
3. Let's build a Device Driver [Workshop]
4. The "linux" kernel boot-up and the scheduler core
5. Memory Management in "linux"
6. Debugging and Profiling "linux"

I do need help, volunteers and people who understand the kernel in a
different perspective than mine. (You can volunteer on the form.) The
above outline is listed in the form too.

You'll need to choose when you'd prefer to have it and where you find
it convenient. If you have suggestions for the form, please send an
email to me at betasam [at] gmail --

Cheers and Regards,
Beta