[PLUG] flash on firerfox to stop?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:12:21 IST 2012

On 02/25/2012 11:09 AM, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:41:09AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Really?  5 years of security updates has been committed to.  You got
>> Chrome and I am sure Gnash will catch up given the static state of Flash
>> at this point.  I don't see any reason to fuss about.
>
> Not sure whether chrome-on-linux would have newer flash revisions. (At
> least that's how I understood it from Adobe saying they won't support
> _Linux_.)

You understood it wrong.

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html

"Because of this work, Adobe has been able to partner with Google in
providing a “Pepper” implementation of Flash Player for all x86/64
platforms supported by the Google Chrome browser. Google will begin
distributing this new Pepper-based Flash Player as part of Chrome on all
platforms, including Linux, later this year."

Rahul