[PLUG] Identifying DD-WRT build for Linksys WRT54GL

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Jul 14 18:59:06 IST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 06:10:18PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Identifying the right build to flash is documented here - a highly
> recommended thread called peacock thread:
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
>
> IMHO the thread is terribly organized and I could figure out only this
> much so far:

While there is a router database and recommended build at this page:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

the above mentioned thread has written in all caps and bold "DON'T USE THE
ROUTER DATABASE!" [sic].

Now this is scary.

Last time around I flashed DD-WRT f/w for the same router was about 5 or
so years back and I don't think it was so much of hassle back then.

Mayuresh.