[PLUG] Scilab Conference at IIT Bombay--31st March, 2012

Scilab India contact at scilab.in
Thu Mar 1 17:01:56 IST 2012

Dear All

Greetings from *FOSSEE, IIT B**ombay.*
The *FOSSEE* project is about enabling and motivating the students and
faculty of Science and Engineering colleges/institutes/
universities across India to use open source software (FOSS) tools instead
of proprietary software. The use of FOSS packages will help in creating
constructive and innovative learning and teaching environment. This will
help in improving the quality of instruction and learning which would lead
to educational freedom in our country.

We hereby, invite you for 1-day Conference on *"Scilab in Science and
Engineering Education".*

   The conference is scheduled on *31st March, 2012 *at *VMCC, IIT
Bombay.*Please note that  accommodation and transport will not be
provided by us
for attending the conference. Conference poster and directions map to reach
the venue has been attached along with this e-mail.

For registration and more details about the conference, please visit *
http://scilab.in/conference
* Please note that it is mandatory to register for participation in the
conference.

Kindly confirm your participation by registering at our website *
http://scilab.in/conference-registration*

At this point, it is noteworthy to mention how well,
colleges/institutes/universities can save considerable amount of funds by
shifting to Open Source alternatives (like *Scilab/Python/Linux and Latex*)
from Proprietary Software packages.

We also invite you to participate in our two initiatives, namely: “*Lab
Migration Project”* and “*Textbook Companion Project”. *Your
participation in these projects is required to achieve the objective of
this project. Also your contribution toward this project will increase the
re-enumeration possibilities to you, your student and your college in terms
of honorarium, certification etc. Please visit *
http://scilab.in/Lab_Migration_Project*<http://scilab.in/Lab_Migration_Project>
and
*http://scilab.in/Textbook_Companion_Project,* to know more about these
projects and about the technical/financial support provided by us.

For paper presentation kindly submit your abstract *
http://scilab.in/conference-abstract  *before* 20th March 2012 at 5:30 PM.*

Looking forward for your participation.

With Regards,

On Behalf of:

Prof. Madhu Belur & Prof. Kannan Moudgalya
Team FOSSEE, IIT Bombay

(FOSSEE is an NMEICT, MHRD sponsored project at IIT Bombay.

Visit www.fossee.in, www.scilab.in and www.spoken-tutorial.org)