[PLUG] [ talk ] [ discussion ] GNU/Linux Kernel - Internals - Anyone Interested?

Raju D. Vindane rajuvindane at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 12:50:58 IST 2012

On 09/02/2012 07:20 AM, Neependra Khare wrote:
> Hi Sunil,
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Sunil Beta Baskar <betasam at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I know a bit about how kernel design has been transforming from 2.4 to
>> 3.5 and further.
>> I can share this in a talk, keeping things simple to start with -
>> giving everyone an overview of the subsystems and their current
>> status.
>>
>> This would be really great. Most of us generally work on the latest
> kernels and does
> not know how a feature has evolved. Take an example of device management.
>

>> If anyone is interested in both sides (sharing with others, or
>> learning [ I would like to understand a few pieces too ] ) do share
>> what you would like to learn.
>>
> I would like learn about the transformation of:-
> - Process Scheduling
> - Memory management
> - Device management
> - IO subsystem

Hi, Sunil
     I would really like to hear about the internals of Linux kernel and
the details of kernel design 3.5 .

     Also I would like to learn about Linux Kernel Compilation and
actually  downloading a raw Linux Kernel(www.kernel.org),  compiling it
and booting the machine through the newly compiled kernel.

Again please try to schedule the talk in this month itself.

Thanks,
Raju D. Vindane