[PLUG] Aisle Riot Solitaire crash in Ubuntu 12.04

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:04:04 IST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Vidyadhar Gadgil <vgadgil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:56:12 +0530
>> From: Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [PLUG] Aisle Riot Solitaire crash in Ubuntu 12.04
>
>> Remove the package and re-install from fresh i.e. apt-get purge <pkg>
>> and then apt-get install <pkg>.
>
> Thanks for the response, Arun. I did do that before posting this
> message, but no luck, the problem remains. Also spent quite a lot of
> time googling, but no useful info could be found. It's probably some
> bug? But this is happening only on my laptop -- with the same distro
> (Ubuntu 12.04) it's fine on my desktop as well as a friend's laptop.
> And there's no difference in the set of programmes that's loaded on
> all these, so why's it happening only on my laptop?

I cannot explain the problem if you have done a purge and then an install.

I have experienced such idiosyncrasies with all distros but more so
with *buntu.   Feature A works on 3 machines and does *not* work on
the 4th machine!

I ran all my desktop on openSUSE until 11.4.   With systemd issues in
12.1,  I switched to Kubuntu.   I am running 12.04 on a few desktop
and I see behavioral differences (all fresh installs from the same DVD
media)

I have decided to convert all my desktops to Debian.

-- Arun Khan