[PLUG] Google Summer Of Code

Ashish Singh aitashish173 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 06:39:39 IST 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Nehal Tanna <total.sniper at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am Nehal Tanna, pursuing MSc(CA) from SICSR. Currently I'm in last sem of
> academic. As you know Google Summer Of Code 2013 has been announced. I
> would like to participate this time.

Can anyone please suggest me any contact person who is associated with this
> event or a part of participating mentioning organisation? I would like to
> contribute to any open source project by being a part of this event. Any
> help will be highly appreciated.

Hey  Nehal,
I think you should hurry up!!!

   1. Firstly you should go through this[1] and then select an organization
   suiting to your skills and interest.
   2. After that you should check their mailing lists and start inquiring
   in these lists.
   3. Also check for their irc channels and try to find out the developers
   and the people concerned with a particular project.
   4. Organizations typically have a list of projects they want people to
   work via GSoC. find these list and select a project.
   5. After that try understanding the project and read as much as you can
   about it.
   6. Talk to developers before submitting a proposal that's how you get
   selected in the first place.

good luck any more queries feel free to ask.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2012

ashish singh
pune, India