[PLUG] [OT] Tata Communications broadband - escalation contacts?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Apr 8 20:33:06 IST 2013

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 08:27:16AM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > I think wireless should be capable of providing that much of speed
> > reliably. They advertise speeds "up to" 3.1mbps (CDMA) and 7.1mbps (3G),
> > though one doesn't even get 50kbps reliably - at least so with bsnl 3g.
> > (Haven't tried others.)
> >
> > I think it's due to indiscriminately adding customers without capacity
> > planning or any control on QoS on the ISP's part.
>
> I would say that applies to wired connection as well, albeit in some different
> aspects..

By aspect if you mean uptime or how much affected they are by power cuts
and rainy season, then yes. Wired connections are more susceptible to
these.

But on speeds, I never had a problem with wired connections. But not sure
it has to do with ISP and area. I don't know whether other wired users
face speed below their plans.

Mayuresh.