[PLUG] Would stopping support for XP backfire on Microsoft?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Tue Dec 3 16:57:32 IST 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 09:03:10AM +0530, Mandar Vaze / ????? ??? wrote:
> As a business they don't need to use any tactics.

Eh? Every business needs to use tactics. It is not by definition a bad
word.

> They have declared end-of-sale/end-of-support quite some time ago, with
> enough time for people to move to later versions of Windows.

Yes, they have. 3 links in my first post mean they are finally required to
run a campaign as people are not relenting - inertia, cost, preference
whatever may be the reason.

The campaign is not because they care for your business loss if you are on
XP. The campaign obviously is to increase the sales of newer versions.

Mayuresh