[PLUG] Second Opinion...!

dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in
Wed Dec 4 13:59:00 IST 2013

I have three machine in my custody... viz...
1. A Desktop based AMD chipset
2. A Laptop from Dell based on AMD chipset
3. A Netbook from ASUS based on AMD chipset

I am planning to install RedHat, Mandriva and Slackware (R.M.S. of
sorts) on them individually...
I need your opinions (a sort of opinion poll) on which one should go
where... This I am calling second opinion, because I too do have an
opinion and that obviously could count first... but that is besides the
point...

Because I am Champion of Freedom and Open Source based softwares, I
will of-course use CentOS in place of RedHap and Mageia in place of
Mandriva, but that is optional.

Now if I was ardent follower of CentOS, I would have used RedHat
because it is one word that can be misguised to spread "hatred" amongst
otherwise wise friends!

My knowledge of how Mageia is free while Mandriva isn't so is little
bit of out-dated and that same could be said about CentOS and RedHat
also...

So all are welcome to party-C-pate in this open event and sort of help
our-good-selves!