[PLUG] Fwd: Will you be at LibrePlanet? Register today for March 23-24

Shahid Farooqui shahidfarooqui at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:41:37 IST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Free Software Foundation <info at fsf.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Subject: Will you be at LibrePlanet? Register today for March 23-24
To: Shahid Farooqui <shahidfarooqui at gmail.com>

[image: Register now]<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2013>

Hi Shahid,

We're excited to announce that registration is now open for LibrePlanet
2013: "Commit Change."<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2013>

LibrePlanet is a yearly conference where the global free software community
comes together to learn from each other, face challenges and welcome
newcomers. This year, the conference focuses on bringing together the
diverse voices that have a stake in free software, from software developers
to activists, academics to computer users. The theme is called "Commit
Change," and it's about drawing ideas from everyone to create the software
freedom we need.

If you're an FSF associate member, you can sign up
now<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2013>at no
cost! Otherwise, we invite you to become
a member <http://www.fsf.org/associate/benefits> for gratis admission and a
host of other benefits, including an account on our brand new Jabber chat
server<http://www.fsf.org/blogs/membership/help-us-sign-up-71-new-members-by-january-31st-and-use-your-new-jabber-account>.
You can also attend the conference at the non-member
rate<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2013>
.

The conference will feature a keynote address by Karen Sandler, executive
director of the GNOME Foundation and renowned software freedom advocate.
LibrePlanet will also include workshops in using free programs, talks and
discussion panels with free software luminaries, plentiful networking
opportunities and a pre-conference social gathering. In addition to Karen,
the program includes sessions with Stefano Zacchiroli, Project Leader at
Debian, Wendy Seltzer of the W3C, and our own Richard Stallman.

If you're interested in technology's role in struggles for justice,
community, and freedom, then you will find a lot to be excited about at
LibrePlanet. Join us at LibrePlanet 2013 and help Commit Change.

Register for the conference
now<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2013>or become
a member<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?referrer=2442>to
attend at no cost.

Hope to see you at LibrePlanet!

Zak Rogoff,
Campaigns Manager

PS: Today is the very last day of our recruitment drive, and we're very
close to reaching our goal of 120 new members. If you become a
member<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?referrer=2442>today,
you'll help us shatter our goal and do more for software freedom in
2013.

*Read this message online at
http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/will-you-be-at-libreplanet-register-today-for-march-23-24
.*

--
Follow us at https://status.fsf.org/fsf | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS at
http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

*Make sure we have your correct location
information<https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/edit?gid=34&reset=1&id=28233&cs=6aab93bba0e06aaba1687489274b5e25_1359673851_168>—
please do not forward this email with this link intact.
*

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,
51 Franklin Street
Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1335
United States

You can unsubscribe to this mailing-list by visiting the link
https://crm.fsf.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe&reset=1&jid=127109&qid=3348210&h=0615809b62f7ef90.

To stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by
Design,
and the Free Software Supporter newsletter, click this link:

https://crm.fsf.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=127109&qid=3348210&h=0615809b62f7ef90
.