[PLUG] Mailing list issues

Thin Rhino trmlist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:17:38 IST 2013

My two cents.
1. Moderation wrt to holding new member emails in Q, only to verify that
the new member is not a bot - Required
2. Moderation wrt to formatting - previously required. Not necessary to
continue, email clients have evolved.
3. HTML Mail not allowed - This is okay, a lot of people still use text
only mail, even inside thunderbird
4. Quality of questions or discussions - If the 'good' people are missing
from the list, discussions will never be good. To retain the interest of
the good people, what ever steps necessary should be taken.
5. I can understand why moderator names might be with held. I don't see
anything wrong with that part. I understand the kind of unnecessary abuse
s/he has to under go, also I very well know how people form personal
opinions. People fail to see, that a moderator might have taken steps,
which are a part of his job or duty and not due to some personal issues or
tiffs.

Let us not "open - up" the entire list, let us just relax a few filters,
eg: top posting, suspicious headers, etc.

Regards
Aditya