[PLUG] mailing list issues

ag@gmail amarendra.godbole at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:02:12 IST 2013

On Jan 4, 2013, at 5:56 AM, jayant ogale <jaogale at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> hi,
> as i have already said, this is an issue of "swatantra" and "swairachar".
> one has to draw a line between, and the moderater does the same.
> he/she
> is like a head of the joint family [probably a very big joint family].
> every family member has a right to put is opinion, debate on it
> politely, but the ultimate decision is of the family head.
> asking for freedom without any strings [or in your language ,openness] leads to a keos.
> if
> the women ask for the unlimited freedom of dressing, movement etc. the
> men will ask their freedom for harrasment [you know ...

If ultimate decision is of the family head, then why debate it in the first place? Age comes alone sometimes, contrary to the popular Indian belief/bundle of age with wisdom. ;-)

Give me one example of a successful mailing list that is as restrictive as PLUG. PLUG never kept up with the times nor technology. So in this case (and going by your argument), the decision of the head of family was grossly wrong.

And when it is just a matter of quickly deciding this way or that, we are debating on the how's and whys. So much for freedom and openness.

There are only two outcomes:
1. Change, so that mails can quickly get in and out
2. Do not change, status quo.

It's as simple as that. But I am yet to hear from the owners about the option they select. Or are they still waiting for a vote and a majority and the probably overrule because they are "head of family"?

Not amused with this stupidity - a simple decision taking ages and huge bandwidth and time and yet nothing decided.

-ag