[PLUG] Mailing list issues

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:40:50 IST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Parag Shah <adaptives at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I would love to be more active on PLUG, but have been bitten by the
>> "suspicious headers" bug often enough that I don't bother any more.
>>

> I agree ! In the past I have tried to post a few times. At times the mail
> would transmit successfully, a few times it failed, or was put into a
> moderation queue (I am quite sure I did not commit the cardinal sin of top
> posting :-) ). I don't remember the details, but it was a huge deterrent to
> posting again.

+1 In my case it was more bounce than acceptance.   For the last two
days, things were appearing to be more open but ... looks like there
has not been much change.

Please see the transcript of my message on the "Looking to get
certificate in Ethical Hacking and Digital Security" and the bounce
message I got for.

@ mailling list moderator/administrator - please tell me what is wrong
with my post?
Specifically which guideline(s) have I violated in my response?
At least give an answer rather than making incremental changes in the filters

My conclusion some buggy filters are very much active.

<MY POST>

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any Ethical Hacking courses supported by
> Government Of India. Or any other good certification that is recognized by
> Industry.

Which platform(s)?

IMO, SANS (www.sans.org) is a global org. and they have the most
comprehensive program on security.  Plus their certs. are recognized
globally. However, they are on the expensive side.

Other local programs, beware.   Ask a lot of questions; some are
Windows centric with cursory coverage on Linux.  Write your cheque
after talking to past alumni of the programs.

Alternately, get involved with the Club Hack group and learn hands on
from some of the experts (they are located in Pune).
Backtrack distro is specialized in this area; many of the tools are
integrated into the Live ISO image.  I would say it is a good place to
start learning about security and forensics.

Best.
-- Arun Khan

</MY POST>

<BOUNCE OF MY POST>