[PLUG] Mailing list issues - Quick vote

Sunil Beta Baskar betasam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:58:49 IST 2013

On 7 January 2013 14:32, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Thin Rhino <trmlist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The issue is been dragged on for ages and I also see a lot of confusion on
>>> what is expected. A quick vote should help.
>>>
>>> A: Open up the list completely, no moderation
>>> B: Remove restrictive moderation, keep basic moderation in place
>>> C: Let it be as it is, no change
>>>
>>> Please vote: A: +1 or B: +1 or C +1
>>
>> My vote
>>
>> A +1  (with some rules [a])
>>
>> [a] spamassasin and a few filters like the ones I shared in an
>> different thread in this mailing list; in that LUG mailing list there
>> is no moderator Q.   There is no spam in that mailing list.
>>

> I guess some spam control would help on server where list is hosted!
> The sourceforge lists I maintain never seem to have spam trouble!
> My vote for A
Mine is for A: +1

The message I sent about the kernel talk on 5th didn't make it.
I wouldn't have been able to communicate if I solely did through this list.
Messages on the same day may not be processed.
They are always held for moderation with too few moderators.

There is an unmoderated list at lists.sourcery.in where you could even
bcc to that, I see no spam, and when it's big enough to have spam, I
am sure I'll have an equally good filter to handle the spam.

I still see this as a lot of inaction.

Beta