[PLUG] SVN server configuration

Sagar Padhye sgr.m.pdy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:45:30 IST 2013

Hi,
I have configured a SVN server in a virtual box machine running ubuntu
12.04 with dir level access control list. I am able to view the things very
well through browser on both windows & linux platform.
When I try to commit a word doc (about 35 kb) from a windows client machine
in the svn repo, I get error saying "Commit Failed : Server sent unexpected
return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to PUT request for
'/svn/!svn/wrk/0e42....424e/path/to/dir/docname.doc' "

The apache 2 error log looks like,
[Thu Jan 10 15:35:42 2013] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (11)
Resource temporarily unavailable : Could not get next bucket brigade ( URI
: /svn/!svn/wrk/0e42....424e/path/to/dir/docname.doc) [500, #0]

There is no problem while committing small text files from windows. Linux
clients has no problems at all.

I have googled a bit about it. Most of the forums were indicating that this
is problem of windows antivirus sw, so I removed my antivirus temporarily,
but it didn't help.

If anybody has any idea about this (or know where should I go to get help)
please reply.

Note : Haven't came across this problem when svn server was not having
access control list.

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar Padhye