[PLUG] Proposal for change from the current state of the list.

शंतनू shantanoo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:48:59 IST 2013

On 23/01/13 12:13 PM, Darth Chatri wrote:
> On 23 January 2013 01:24, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. All the users moderation flag (that is currently set) to be
>> removed.
> +1
>
>> Any new member joining the list will not get a moderation
>> flag set.
> -1. We should moderate the first couple of posts to prevent automated
> signups from spambots.

Earlier, almost everyone seemed to be against moderation. Why the moderators should be given the task to keep track of members mail count. Can you (anyone) volunteer do it on the list itself?
Over few weeks, spammers will be banned, considering required votes are there, filters will be updated.

>> 2. All the current filters to be removed and started from scratch. Let
>> us use the list of filters from Arun Khan's mail to start of the new
>> filters list.
>>
> +1
>
>> 3. Any change (add/delete/modify) of filter and add/remove moderation
>> flag for a list member and removing of any list member is to be done
>> by voting. 15 votes in favour of the proposal required for approval.
>> (eg. 20 votes in favour and 5 negative votes is OK)
>>
> Maybe this can be changed to 15 complaints to the admin against the
> user, instead of having a public voting process.
Number can be finalized over here. RFC is meant for discussions. In the
new system, it seems mods will not be decision makers. They are just
executors. In the current system, they also decide things for the list
as well execute decisions. In a free mailing list, they will just follow
the instructions from the list. Let the members decide their own freedom.

--
शंतनू