[PLUG] UNetBootIn Curieawcity...

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:26:29 IST 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM,  <dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in> wrote:
> I have used unetbootin  software to get rid of cd/dvd burning just to
> load/install linux distributions in the past.  However this is something
> that i have not done so query to know if somebody else has done this
> already...

Before the days of hybrid ISOs, unetbootin had it's usefulness.

To my knowledge today, Debian, openSUSE, and the *buntu ISOs are
hybrid i.e. you can simple dd=ISO_file to a pendrive or a hard disk
and it will boot!   No need for unetbootin.

Besides, I have found unetbootin works best with with *bunutu.  It
fails to create a bootable install disk from the CentOS.ISO images.

> 1. create partitions on the pen/thumb drive.
> 2. copy different installable iso's onto thus created different partitions
> of thumb drive.
> 3. load oses from those partitions of the thumb drive.
> 4. partions of the thumb drive have non-similar file systems (e.g. if one
> partition is formatted btrfs, the other one could be ext4/3, and another one
> could be beos or something different.

Take a look at how the SystemRescueCD does this with isolinux; i.e.
support multiple functionality through the boot menu.
<http://www.sysresccd.org/>

--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device