[PLUG] Installing Ubuntu 13.04 alongwith Windows 8

Prasanna Balan prazzb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 23:20:53 IST 2013

On 07/06/13, Harish Navnit wrote:
> Hello everyone ,
>
>  I 've been trying to install ubuntu 13.04 to run alongside windows 8 .
> I'm running the installation through a bootable USB , since my
> laptop/ultrabook doesn't have a CD/DVD drive.

How are you converting into usb installer ... Arun Khan explained days ago
that only dd is enough.... or are you using unetbootin ??
> I've tried disabling the secure-boot option in the system and created
> partiton before running the installation , but every time in the middle of
> the installation process , I get an error message saying "Sorry, Ubuntu
> 13.04 has experienced an internal error" , and I have to abort the
> installation process in the middle .
> Why is this happening ? Is is a problem with my disc image file of ubuntu
> 13.04 , or is it due to the various new features of windows 8 ?

The way to check if downloaded iso is corrupted is to check md5sum.
Check the link [0] for that. There's a link on how to find md5sum on
windows too.
No idea here about win8 new features

> P.S : The file I downloaded from the ubuntu site is
> "ubuntu-13.04-desktop-amd64.iso", I don't think that is a problem though ,
> or is it ?

64 bit version is called amd64
> Regards.
>
> Thanking You,