[PLUG] Installing Ubuntu 13.04 alongwith Windows 8 (Gaurav Joshi)

gauravs joshi gaurav291 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:41:50 IST 2013

Hi Harish ,
I had recently installed Ubuntu 13.04 alongside windows 8 successfully.I
think you would have chosen option of "Install Ubuntu 13.04 alongside
Windows 8" instead of option "Something else" .I would recommend using
manual partition scheme as windows 8 has recovery partitions . Even if done
with successful Ubuntu 13.04 Installation You would not be able to boot
into Windows 8 .To boot into windows you may have use boot repair .
Refer this links
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

also this link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

Can you please tell me which Brand of laptop .Since mine is Lenovo