[PLUG] [Job] Opening at Fairphone for android/low level expert

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:23:48 IST 2013

Position Opening

Open source junkie, Amsterdam-based - If you want it, apply ASAP :-)

#Fairphone has a strong focus on open source, #openhardware and
#opendesign practices. We are looking for an #opensource junkie to
extend the team to mature our open source strategy, engage with our
open source communities in #developing , supporting and porting
existing open source software to work on the Fairphone, but also
assist our product manager in engaging with the ODM and its
subcontractors to create a truly open source product.

You have development experience with open source mobile OS's at
firmware level (Android, Firefox OS, Ubuntu).
You don't panic when people start asking you questions about
SOC's/ODM's/Bootloader/GPL/ #Linux kernels/GIT/firmware.
You think it is cool to work at a start-up and love entrepreneurial
environments, where you're not only focussing on a single task or
domain.
You have great communication skills, because you will be dealing with
real people… in person, but don't worry, most of it will be through
email.
Preferable: You have some experience with dealing with ODM/OEMs.
You need to speak fluent English.
People occasionally call you #nerd or #geek.

APPLY: Send letter of interest and experience to info at fairphone.com .
Subject Line: "Position: Open source junkie"

https://joindiaspora.com/posts/2752482

--