[PLUG] [OT] Some recent ISP options evaluations

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 19 07:22:05 IST 2013

On 18-05-2013 18:27, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 01:57:02PM +0530, Darth Chatri wrote:
>> That is ok if it is a home connection. Tata Indicom broadband has stopped
>> home connections and only gives corporate connections for businesses in
>> initial response time is just not acceptable.
> That's right. They are now called Tata Communications SME. They have kept
> existing home users on "retention" plans. But they have started treating
> small users like a liability. Was evident from the unprecedented treatment
> I received with a 15 day outage followed by another 3 day outage. If you
> threaten to close, they immediately give you the number to call. When I
> did not renew, there was not a single call received for renewal reminder,
> which was never the case earlier.

Surely, the various news reports we read clearly highlights, Tata has
been a corrupt organization and has been found completely involved in 2G
scam and must be forgotten completely by consumers in their own interest.
Pursuant to recent Supreme Court directives, the news on the subject
that Tata has been asked by DoT (Govt. of India) to surrender all
spectrum they have in CDMA band, that too unconditionally is also on the
rounds.
Photon (and the sub and associated brands) are all based on CDMA, why go
for it at such stage of the events?

I guess, very soon, you will have to do this exercise again (ISP
evaluation) this time with keeping the Tata option out.

with Regards,
Ashwin