[PLUG] Online storage options?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sun Nov 17 20:51:44 IST 2013

Looking for online storage options with following perspective:

- Main purpose - backup.

- For use with Linux / NetBSD, preferably NFS mountable, less preferably
  sshfs mountable or at least rsync-able.

- Sharing contents with others over internet is NOT my requirement

- Connectivity with mobile devices (or platforms like Android) is NOT a
  requirement.

- Plain simple storage service. No bells and whistles like webui, drag and
  drop and all that is necessary.

(For above 3 points, if they just come with a service, I won't reject the
service for that. Just that I don't need them.)

- Reliable uptime. Will be synced at least daily.

- (Storage level) encryption necessary: May have sensitive contents.

- Free/paid, both ok. I'll assess price suitability separately.

- I haven't arrived at exact space requirements. Roughly it might begin
  with say 10 GB and may grow in future.

- Preferably some time trusted service or a brand that can be trusted for
  A. data security and B. will last long.

Hope this is not too much to ask for and such services are available.

Solicit suggestions.

Mayuresh.