[PLUG] Building kernel module RPM for all kernel version in RHEL 6

Abhijeet Kasurde abhijeetkasurde21 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:40:44 IST 2014

Hi All,

I want to create a RPM package out of source tar file to support all
kernel versions in RHEL 6.

I have created a RPM-spec file for kernel 2.6.32-358 (RHEL 6.4), and
it gives me working RPM. Now here is problem, when I install that same
RPM on kernel 2.6.32-279 (RHEL 6.3), modprobe fails as .ko file goes
in /lib/modules/2.6.32-358.el6-x86_64/extra.

What do I do to support all other kernel versions and kernel patches
using this RPM ?
Please give some hint to create unified build system ?

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde