[PLUG] scanners with decent linux support

Gustav Degreef gustav97 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:11:16 IST 2011

Hi folks,

I have an HP G2400 scanner that died.  It had poor linux support at
best, So I need to buy another relatively inexpensive A4 scanner.

My vendor in Ahmednagar has an EPSON v300 scanner.  I looked in the
opensuse scanner database (opensuse 11.3 - up to date sane-backends
info) and there seems to be some linux support.  Anyone have any
experience with this model?  The vendor also has a Cannon Lide 100 which
seems not to be supported.  I'm looking for an inexpensive A4 size
scanner. From what I've heard the HP multifunction devices
Scanner/Copier/Printers are well supported, but I don't yet know which
brands or models my local supplier can get. Anyone have good experience
with a particular scanners/multifunction devices?  Gustav