[PLUG] Minutes of the PLUG meet and a query

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:14:50 IST 2011

Hi all,
       Yesterday night blogged about the PLUG meet
http://wp.me/pfuZu-kV which includes the planning about gnunify.in
which is cool. Comments, suggestions and criticisms are all invited :)

The second part of the mail is a query.

Disclaimer first :-  I'm not a programmer hence would like better
minds who can read C code to take a look.

 I have a mouse which is crappy (or not) and for which I had filed a bug

A gentleman, Mr. Jim Hill pursued the bug and posted a patch for the
same which he seems to also have put up upstream.

He has asked me to try a new kernel and patch it with the above patch.

While I'm quite sure that Mr. Jim Hill has the noblest of intentions
otherwise he wouldn't have put the code in public domain on a bug.

Now I don't know anything about C and being a slightly paranoid kind
of guy wanted to ask you guys to take a look to see if there are any
inadverant goof-ups or anything before I take the plunge of applying
the patch.

Looking forward for guidance.
--
          Regards,