[PLUG] Distro selection

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:00:57 IST 2006

Hi all,
I'm a bit out of touch with the latest and greatest distributions out
there. I would like suggestions for a distribution that meets the
following criteria -
1. For desktop use, for folks who cant use the CLI.
2. Machine - Intel hyperthreading, 512 MB RAM, about 10G of disk space
available for the system, no other fancy hardware. Net access via
PPPoE.
3. GUI based tools for system configuration.
4. Importing existing users during installation would be a great.
5. Option to skip bootloader installation.
6. No broadband access, so all software thats required should be there on discs.

I hope I'm not expecting too much :)

Thanks.
--
aditya