[PLUG] Fw: Forward of moderated message

Webmaster at PLUG webmaster at plug.org.in
Wed Jul 19 22:35:54 IST 2006

Forwarded message:
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 14:44, Desi Penguin wrote:
> How is this concerned with linux ? May be loosely related to open source
> Anyhow, About your statement above, if you expect to sell this software,
> then it is fair to expect that every legitimate user of Windows OS will
> have Windows CD. For crying out loud, even when people have pirated version
> of Windows, they have Windows CD copy.
>
> so it is NOT unfair to expect people to have Windows CD. you can clearly
> and boldly inform user/buyers that they need to have Windows CD for the
> software to work.

The original intent as posted was to distribute software as a part of of NGO
work. In that light, may be you could go bit easy.

> Better yet, develop and promote your software on Linux, encourage people to
> move to linux so that they can use your great software.
> With Linux, you'll be able to distribute 'open source' fonts.

Advocating linux is fine and good. But please don't advocate 'linux or
nothing'.

Like lot of people around here, the OP helps other, may we in different ways
than we know/want. May be we could give some more importance to that fact.

Regards
 Shridhar

~~~~~~~~~

From