[PLUG] Booting Problem in Mepis: Distribution selection

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:11:14 IST 2007

Basically there is not much point in switching distributions but
amount of *specific* help you get may vary depending on userbase in
the vicinity (I mean LUG) for distribution of you choice.

So i can only offer generic advice based on general practices because
I understand little of deb based systems.  Although I now many times
end up telling people to try ubuntu, I am on Mandriva for a good
reason that it works for me even now, when I have gone from power user
to dumb user :-)

Had I got ubuntu CD with me, I might have tried it with Laptop.  But
the ubuntu I saw last time did not install KMail which is my favourite
of few years.