[PLUG] Computer slows after some time

Vikas Garud vikas at techqual.com
Wed Sep 26 06:17:48 IST 2007

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 19:20:37 श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर wrote:
> I have not used suse anytime, but searching around the internet looks like
> zmd problem.
>
> http://drwetter.org/suse10.1/report.suse-10.1.html
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=531997
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=483059
>
> The last link gives you steps to remove zmd.
>
> By any chance, zmd is the process which largest rss number? Sort on memory
> column in top/kpm and check.
>
> HTH
>  Shridhar
>
> PS. Am I glad that I am using slackware? :)

Many thanks.  Seems to have worked like magic.  Could not follow all the steps
from the link - had to improvise, but after removing zmd and beagle, the
problem seems to have disappeared.

Now, to find out other such pieces of softwares and remove them ...

I think, I should try out the slackware on the extra partition.

Vikas