[PLUG] Chrome share grows

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:23:02 IST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> http://ciol.com/Developer/Operating-System/Feature/Chrome-15-becomes-world-s-most-popular-browser/157859/0/
>
> Still no stable builds on major Linux distros. I know, they exist. But
> usually not very stable and up-to-date.

Which version are you using?

I have 15.0.874.121 on openSUSE 12.1 (both amd64)  with 38 tabs open
as of the instance of composing this message.  (I have gone up to 42
but then the icons on each tab get obscured on my 14" laptop screen).

htop shows occassional jump to 10-15% CPU most times it is under 3%;
memory is around 5-6%.

> Besides, plugins/addons need to grow and match firefox.

It's PDF (native) and Flash (meets majority of my need) is very stable
in above version.

-- Arun Khan