[PLUG] Anyone using / can advise on FreeBSD/NetBSD?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Fri Jul 15 18:05:36 IST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:54:56AM +0530, Amarendra Godbole wrote:
> Oh, and missed one very important point:
> * OpenBSD is not determined to dominate the world, and fast.
>
> -Amarendra

Thanks. That was a very good summary.

Also thanks to an earlier post by Shridhar on FreeBSD.

I happen to have tried out both FreeBSD and NetBSD in the meantime. I will
post my experiences in a separate mail.

Can you just clarify above statement? You meant OpenBSD is determined or
not to be fast?!

Till now my impression of OepnBSD is the word security. Well I appreciate
that where it is needed, though I am looking for a regular desktop that's
not exposed to internet and is for personal use.

Now, if OpenBSD is not _only_ about security, as compared to other BSD

Mayuresh.